In this role you have the opportunity...
to let your technical skills run free and enjoy a daily intellectual challenge in a company where innovation is the major driver. A wide range of varying tasks and responsibilities will keep you on your toes and ensure you never feel bored. Through internal knowledge exchange, training sessions and more, you will quickly learn new and grow existing skills. Soon, you’ll ﬁnd yourself having full autonomy over your own projects.
You are responsible for...
- developing applications for different platforms such as Linux, Windows and macOS.
- collaborating on the development of new products and applications in/from your ﬁeld of expertise. We involve you in the complete development cycle, from concept to release.
- the maintenance and continuous improvement of our existing products. On one hand, you’ll assist our technical support team in analysing and solving the reported problems. On the other hand, you’ll implement and test new releases.
- giving advice on technological decisions regarding software environments, tools and methodologies.
- keeping up to date with the latest technological developments and trends within the ﬁeld of home automation and related ﬁelds such as audio and video.
You will be part of...
a strong development team that aims to challenge themselves constantly and wants to stay up-to-date with the latest technological developments.
You need the following strengths to perform your job…
- you have a master’s degree in civil/industrial engineering in computer science.
- you are proﬁcient in writing C/C++ applications.
- experience in other languages such as Typescript, Go and Rust are a plus.
- you have knowledge of audio/video frameworks.
- you are experienced with different operating systems.
- affinity with embedded software is a plus.
- you are innovative and create customer-oriented solutions.
- you are a go-getter and work independently with the necessary attention for deadlines.
- you are fluent in English and Dutch.
In return we offer you…
an interesting and varied job in an international environment within a high-tech and growing company in Merelbeke. We offer a dynamic working atmosphere with a nononsense company culture where initiative is highly appreciated. This is paired with a competitive salary, supplemented with extra-legal beneﬁts such as lunch passes, eco-vouchers, hospital insurance, a commuting allowance and a bicycle mobility plan. Of course, we supply the necessary support and training to perform this job.
Why you’d want to be part of our team?
Basalte is a Belgian design brand which offers an elegant, strong and simple solution for the smart home. Simplicity, honesty, focus and passion are the four key words of our DNA and these determine how we work, how we communicate with each other and how we produce our products. Our company aims not only to deliver the maximum value to our customers but also to our colleagues.
Place of work
Nijverheidsweg 1B – 9820 Merelbeke
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.