Electronic Design Engineer
Your mission is to...
In this role, you have the opportunity…
... participate in the development of new products in the field of electronics and embedded software. You work closely with our engineering team to bring projects to a successful end. You also assist our production and technical support department with your expertise.
You will be responsible for...
- the development of new products. You will be involved in the entire development cycle from concept to production. You look for suitable suppliers to work with if necessary.
- the setup and review of specifications.
- the design and implementation of the required components (PCBs, power supply, interface,...).
- testing and documenting the designs.
- the development and validation of prototypes.
- assisting with the production of the developed products. You love to work in a team, but you can also tackle work independently.
Passion, dedication and true craftsmanship
You are part of a continuously changing environment where innovation is key. You help to develop new projects as well as to improve our existing products. Thanks to your passion for electronics, you are always aware of the latest developments and you are happy to share these insights with your team.
We expect you to ...
Your profile needs the following strengths…
- you have a bachelor's or master's degree in a technical direction (electronics).
- you are passionate about everything related to (complex) electronics.
- you have experience in PCB design (preferably in Altium). Experience in programming microcontrollers in C, or scripting in Python is a plus.
- you are analytical and have a hands-on mentality.
- you are a go-getter and you can work independently without losing deadlines out of sight.
- you are fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch is a big plus.
What's in it for you ...
In return we offer you…
- a competitive salary complemented by additional benefits.
- meal vouchers, eco vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, commuting allowance, a collective bonus,...
- a flexible remuneration plan including loads of fun benefits. Just think of a bicycle lease plan or additional leave days!
- 32 holidays.
- the chance to enjoy a cup of soup or piece of fruit every day.
- lots of nice perks such as a brand new office building with sparkling water running from the tap, where you can stretch your legs at the standing desk or enjoy a delicious latte macchiato.
- the necessary support and training to do the job.
- an exciting and varied job in an international environment within a high-tech company near Ghent.
We can't wait to welcome you in our team!
Place of work
Place of work: Fraterstraat 37b 9820 Merelbeke.
Ready to take on the challenge? Send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com and we will get back to you soon!
Why Basalte? Here you can make a genuine impact. Here you are valued. Here you can grow.