Your mission is to...
In this role, you have the opportunity…
...to unleash your technical knowledge on our products combined with your customer-focused enthusiasm. You will have the opportunity to be in close contact with our (international) customers as well as with internal employees from various domains such as the sales team and the engineering team. Thanks to your interest in new products, you will be an asset to our technical support team.
You will be responsible for...
- testing our new high-tech smart home products after development.
- providing structured feedback to product development for the purpose of ‘bug fixing’ through hard- and software tests.
- supporting the creation of documentation and training material. You also take care of demo set-ups and you provide technical support at international trade fairs.
- providing training to our customers together with the sales team in which you take the role of product-technical specialist.
- advising our customers on the use of our high-end home automation solutions. You will ask the right questions to understand the customer's issues and provide a solution in a prompt and professional manner.
Passion, dedication and true craftsmanship
You will be part of our motivated support team that will provide you with the necessary on-the-job training to expand your technical product knowledge. Together with your colleagues, you are an important link between product development, production, the sales team and our customers.
We expect you to ...
Your profile needs the following strengths…
- You preferably have a bachelor's or master's degree in electronics or mechanics and at least 2 years' experience in a customer-oriented environment.
- You are perfectly Dutch-speaking and have a very good knowledge of English, speaking German is a plus.
- Practical experience with home automation is a plus (preferably KNX).
- You are technically skilled and can communicate this knowledge to customers.
- By listening carefully, you can verify and analyse problems in order to provide a correct solution.
- You have a sense of initiative, are stress-resistant and know how to follow up on a multitude of tasks.
- You work from our offices in Merelbeke, but exceptionally we expect you to make short trips abroad.
What's in it for you ...
In return we offer you…
- a competitive salary complemented by additional benefits.
- company car and fuel card.
- meal vouchers, eco vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, commuting allowance and a collective bonus.
- a flexible remuneration plan including loads of fun benefits. Just think of a bicycle lease plan or additional leave days!
- 32 holidays.
- you can enjoy a cup of soup or piece of fruit every day.
- lots of nice perks such as a brand new office building with sparkling water running from the tap, where you can stretch your legs at the standing desk or enjoy a delicious latte macchiato.
- the necessary support and training to do the job.
- an exciting and varied job in an international environment within a high-tech company near Ghent.
We can't wait to welcome you in our team!
Place of work
Place of work: Fraterstraat 37b 9820 Merelbeke.
Ready to take on the challenge? Send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com and we will get back to you soon!
Why Basalte? Here you can make a genuine impact. Here you are valued. Here you can grow.